14 January 2022 – Armed Fulani militia raid the farmlands of Uwheru Kingdom, Ughelli North LGA, in Delta State by walking through the farms with over 30,000 cows, destroying the crops and fertile land. Last year,  armed Fulani militia attacked the same community, killing 10 people. Chief Macpherson Egbedi, President General of the Kingdom, said that after the attack the community stopped eating cow meat as the armed Fulani militia have begun killing people, raping the women and destroying the crops again. The entire community united to apprehend a Fulani herder hiding in the bush and present him to the police as evidence of the attack. DPO Ughelli A Division is aware that the armed Fulani militia has occupied the bush in the Uwheru community. Community members have begun the flee the Kingdom in fear of another attack.


15 January 2022 – 5 People were killed and numerous injured in a new clash between the Farmers and Fulani militia across 8 Villages in Imeko-Afon LGA of Ogun State. It began with the Fulani herdsmen being chased into Idofa village after they attacked the Aworo community in Yewa North LGA resulting in the death of 3 Fulani’s and 3 of their cows. The Aworo community accused the Fulani militia of illegally open-grazing destroying their water sources and farms. According to a community leader, the Fulani militia retaliated after being chased away by killing 2 Yorubas, leaving one burnt beyond recognition. Similarly, they burnt down houses, motorcycles, other valuables and 4 maize barns. An eyewitness states that the Kajola village was affected by the attack, later spreading to Apata, Olori Ejo, Kotogiri, and Obolo. When police arrived at the scene, they were greeted with a gun battle, with the criminals retreating to the Benin Republic. No arrests have been made yet.


17 January 2022 – Da Gyang Balak, the District Head of Vwang, Jos South LGA of Plateau State was kidnapped, he is the second traditional ruler to be abducted in less than a month, as seen around Christmas time Sum Pyem was taken.


17 January 2022 – Several bandits attacked Dan-Kade village in Unashi District, killing scores of residents and burning their corpses and homes.


18 January 2022 – Nnoruoka Onyeokwu, a 65-year old man, was attacked in his home and beheaded. The hoodlums left his head on display at a primary school, Ubudom Atta community in Njaba LGA of Imo State. Nobody knows the reasoning behind the attack.


20 January 2022 – Between October 2020 and December 2021, at least 1150 South-East residents were abducted and killed by colluding armed Fulani militia and security agents. According to Intersociety, three governors including, Nyesom Wike, Dave Umahi and Hope Uzodinma of Rivers, Ebonyi and Imo states are complicit in the massacres. At least 70% of the abductions and vanishings are linked to soldiers in the Nigerian Army, and the remaining 30% are jointly responsible to the NPF, Department of State Services, Nigerian Air Force and the Nigerian Navy.



Stay Up-To-Date!